Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for December, 2008

The Communications Team from Public Health-Seattle and King County have sent this letter to local bloggers and media, to publicize important safety information.

Are you prepared? Steps to stay safe in this weekend’s storm

With high winds forecast for this weekend and possible power outages, it’s time to take steps to stay safe and avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.

How to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning

Carbon monoxide can kill you or cause serious injury. Carbon monoxide gas comes from burning fuels such as gasoline, propane, oil, kerosene, natural gas, coal or wood. Here are some steps to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.

• Never use a gas or charcoal grill, hibachi, or portable propane heater to cook indoors or heat your home.
• During a power outage or at any other time, do not operate fuel-powered machinery such as a generator indoors, including the garage
• Avoid combustion “space heaters” unless there is an exhaust vent. (more…)

Read Full Post »